Monday, June 9, 2008

Antique Victor Portable Record Player - 1910

Antique Victor Portable Record Player (1910) inherited by Mike Lopergolo from his grandmother
Here is another treasure I inherited from my late grandmother. I don't remember the model but its an early antique Victor portable record player circa 1910.

This beautiful Victor antique record player was in my grandmother's attic and I believe when she realized she was not long for this world she gave it to me. It was originally my grandfathers and he and my grandmother used to take it with them on picnics.

It's in excellent condition and all I did was wipe it down with some 0000 steel wool and mineral spirits. Some days I'll place a record on it and let it play.

When I close my eyes I can almost imagine my grandfather and grandmother at the picnic area in Willow Grove New Jersey eating their sandwiches and lemonade in the shade by the lake.

A true treasure.

No comments: