Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Western Electric Model 300 Antique Telephone

Western Electric Model 300 Antique Telephone
The Western Electric Model 300 Antique Telephone is a real family heirloom. It was my Dad's and was originally built in 1938. The best I
can trace it to is the late 1930's. It was first used in my grandfathers
wholesale fruit and produce store on Dock St. in Philadelphia. It made
its way, along with my dad, to NJ and eventually ended up as a
downstairs phone on his work bench. I remember my dad very well talking
on this phone when he was working in the basement. I took possession of
the phone after my dads death. It was in bad condition so I sent it off
to telephone restorer. The photo is how it looks now. As it sits on my
desk I often stare at it and think of all the times my dad held it in his hands.

No comments: